Re: c compiler

Vim has OLE connections for certain nameless non-X non-11 Windows systems,
but I haven't seen a similar arrangement for Linux.

But is it really troublesome?  You can keep vim open in one window and type
"make" commands (or "gcc" or however you invoke it) in a different window.

Yours sincerely,
Norman Diamond