Re: omniORB

Hey Viktor,

I haven't used omni but I did some work with ORBacus earlier
on and found them quite good. There support team is really good
and answers questions as fast as you can ask them (or they did
a couple of months ago anyway). It is free for development with
C and Java versions and also the full source is available.

	http://www.ooc.com/products/orbacus.html

As for the code, make sure you are using recent example code that
matches your ORB as they all do it slightly differently, especially
the old BOA stuff.

Cheers,

Tom.

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 11:53:04AM +0900, Viktor Pavlenko wrote:
> Has anyone played with omniORB?
>
> CORBA::ORB_ptr::resolve_initial_references("RootPOA") raises
> CORBA::SystemException no matter what I do.
>
> RH 6.2, omniORB 3.02.
>
> (a desparate try before subscribing to their maillist or giving up the
> whole idea)
>
> Thanks,
> Viktor

> Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, February 16 19:30- Tengu Tokyo Eki Mae
> Next Technical Meeting:  March (date TBA)

Thomas O'Dowd                   Noop-de-Noop!
tom@example.com                  http://www.nooper.com