Re: syslog by remote ip

> than "user"?  You could tell your MN-128-SOHO to use a
> different facility:
>   ip syslog facility 21
> (which /usr/include/sys/syslog.h tells me is facility local5).
> And then filter local5.* off to /var/log/router.

Thanks Jim (and Scott),
Finally got back to this, and now have it working this way (and "ip rip
off").

While I poking around the help files I noticed this router has quite a
few more features than my earlier model, e.g. giving certain
addresses/ports priorities. I might have to play with that next time my
wife is trying to do some Net Shopping ;-).

Darren