Re: PPP settings for GOL

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 05:53:49PM +0900, Antony Stace wrote:

> Could someone please direct me to some info on setting up a ppp
> connection with GOL, in particular the settings in the scripts/config
> files found in /etc/ppp.

I set up my sister-in-law's machine for this earlier this month. I don't have
the script to hand, but it was very straightforward.  I did have one problem,
though, at the GOL end.  The first number I tried fed the machine one of two
IP addresses at random, one of which would work flawlessly, the other of which
would fail to send an initialization string to the Pop3 client at our end.
Jonathan Byrne was kind enough to talk me through the problem on the phone.
When I shifted to a different number, everything went swimmingly.

Perhaps Jonathan will chime in with news of whether the problem got sorted
... ?

Cheers,
----
-x80