Re: Sparc info from meeting

Stephen Carter wrote:
> As soon as I got home I had to open up the Sparc20's and see what was
there.
> I was quite happy to find one machine with an SM71 75MHz CPU, so I added
> memory (neither of the machines had any memory)

Well, both of the Sparc20's I got didn't have any memory either. Both are
SM71 75MHZ a well, so I'm going to try SMP once I get some memory and a hard
disc.

> http://members.tripod.com/uutil/mbus/ There will be a barcode and part
> number on the module itself--either printed on a sticker on the PC board
or
> you'll have to remove the module and get it off the MBUS connecter. They
all
> start 501, and then the next four numbers identify the particular CPU, and
> you can look it up in the chart at the URL above.

I had to remove both modules to get the number. The stickers where acutally
a little hard to find. Mine are 501-2925 (SuperSPARC-II 2.4) and 501-4130
(SuperSPARC-II 2.4.5) The site above has lots of details and was very useful
in finding if i could SMP these two differen't modules. Thanks!

I'm going to try looking in Akihabara for memory and HDD first. I'll post
again if I have success.

Cheers,
-jack