RE: Column layout in TeX

At Wed, 20 Dec 2000 19:12:24 +0900,
Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull@example.com> wrote:

>> How do I get LaTex to create at two column layout, with an
>> abstract spanning the two columns?

> Have you tried \documentclass[twocolumn]{article}?

IIRC, 'twocolumn' (*) style does not fit to ulriks wish. It places the
abstract in first column only, and does not align the bottoms of the
colomns.

Is 'multicol' style still available in modern LaTeX2e? (I only have
experience of classic LaTeX, none of 2e:-)

--
OZAWA -Crouton- Sakuro
E-Mail: mailto:crouton@example.com

(*) twocolumn style format looks (IIRC again) like:

    Title    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             xxxxxxxxxx
  Abstract
xxxxxxxxxxxx Section 3