Re: stripping HTML tags with Perl

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 10:50:45AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> "\r" is the Perl idiom for ASCII CR (0x0D).

Only if you're on a Unix variant. It's 0x0A in MacPerl, and Ghod knows what in
WinPerl. (This was done so that \n is always equivalent to that platform's EOL
sequence. Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.) Granted, "Unix variant"
is a reasonably safe assumption on the TLUG list, but you might as well be
come truly cross-platformingly correct and learn to use \013 or \010 instead.

--
Shimpei Yamashita                               http://www.shimpei.org/