RedHat Install on Vaio Z505CR/K fails - HELP!

    Phil> When I reboot, I just get a blank screen with "Missing
    Phil> Operating System".

Presumably this is a message from the BIOS, which is not finding
anything executable in the boot sector.  One possibility is that for
some reason LILO isn't installing the boot sector (seems unlikely, but
it's possible).

It may indicate that LILO is assuming a disk layout that differs from
what the BIOS is using.  Try going into the BIOS and fiddling with the
settings for LBA etc (the disk address translation modes).  I had LILO
problems with my Gateway GX-450 until I did that.