Re: Mailman archive and Japanese

Hi Dmytro,

Dmytro Kovalov wrote:

> -> the archive has the "Mojibake" problem. Incidently only
> -> some of the Kanji characters are not displayed correctly.
>
> Mojibake apear after html conversion bu Mailman. I don't remember the
> exact character we had problems with, but general idea is:
>
> when MM sees (let's say) '<' it gets replaced with '&lt;'. If this '<'
> is one byte of double-byte Japanese character the result is what, you've
> seen in archive.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks for the hint, it was '>' being replaced by '&gt'.
The likey python script that needs some
modification seems to be HyperArch.py script in the Mailman/Archiver
directory. But my trail haven't been sucessful so far.
Could you overcome this problem? If so, I would be grateful if
you could provide some further hint.

> -> Perhaps some tinkering with the  Python code should set
> -> things right.
>
> Most probably - yes.

Seems more difficult that I thought it was. Had similar problems with
Minordomo which I managed to fix it somehow. I thought of using Mailman
because it seemed to be have better features.

Thanks again

Venkatesh Raghavan
Osaka City Univ.