web forum software

Can anyone recommend a good Web forum software package that works in
Japanese? The company I work for would like to add discussion forum hosting
to their repertoire. Right now I'm leaning towards Phorum. I've also stuck
a fork in w-agora, but it's still a little pink in the middle, so to speak.

Bonus question: What's the trick to getting PHP4 to work in Japanese?
Apparently it has something to do with "jstrings", but I've yet to find a
place where it spells everything out clearly. All the Japanese PHP sites
stop somewhere around 3.0.15. I found a patch for PHP4.0RC2, but I'd really
like to use the latest version if that's possible.

Thanks,

Rich