Re: Bad Hardware: IO-DATA HDVS drives

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     jb> Are these a Japan-only product?  A search on Google returns 20
>     jb> pages of links, all in Japanese.
>
> Need you ask?

I think I've seen IO-DATA disks in the USA before.... back in 1995/1996.
Complete pieces of (poo) and I had to throw them all away... come in one
day to find one of them screeching like hell and SCSI bus errors spewing
like crazy on the server... never bought any more of them.. never even
looked to see if that was a possibility, so I'm not sure.  It could be
that Cliff had brought the things from Japan, though.