Re: Windows on Linux solutions

From: Jim Tittsler <jwt-tlug@example.com>
Subject: Windows on Linux solutions

> On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 03:05:20AM +0900, Jonathan Q wrote:
> > Viktor> I'd like to install Microsoft Outlook Express on my Linux box
> > Viktor> (mandrake 6.1). Is there a solution?
> >
> > 1.  VMWare
> > 2.  Wine (haven't tried it with Outhouse Excess, don't want to)
>   3.  Win4Lin  http://www.netraverse.com/index.php  (although I
>                haven't tried it with OE either :-)

I haven't tried, but Openmail claims Outlook Express compatibility.
(http://www.outlook.com)

This article said(http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/000807/ca_hewlett.html) that

  Hewlett-Packard Company today announced that OpenMail for Linux has
  passed the 1 million user mark after only 10 months of
  availability.

<snip>

  About OpenMail

  OpenMail is HP's strategic business messaging and collaboration
  e-services(1) solution for Linux and UNIX systems, based on Internet
  standards. Perhaps its most notable feature is that it offers a
  choice of desktops, including Microsoft Outlook. No other
  non-Microsoft server supports the richness of Outlook as deeply as
  OpenMail, including support for ``collaboration'' features, such as
  calendaring, wide-area scheduling, public folders and
  delegation. OpenMail has an installed base of 15 million seats, with
  representation in 60 percent of the Fortune 1000. OpenMail is the
  No. 3 business-messaging product, in terms of Fortune 500 installed
  base, according to respected industry consultants Creative Networks,
  Inc. More information is available at
  http://www.openmail.com/openmail/. Information for the press is
  available at http://www.openmail.com/ompr/.

I also don't know whether it support Outlook or Outlook Express(or
both).