Re: Oracle trouble as usual

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 05:36:14PM +0900, A.Sajjad Zaidi wrote:
> Im trying to login to an oracle database using a password containing the
> '@' character. Cant find any way to do so.
>
> I can use the password to create the user without trouble if I put it in
> double-quotes e.g. "hell@example.com", but when I try to login, it doesnt accept
> it (sqlplus user/"hell@example.com"@example.com).

What are you trying to do? If you're doing this interactively, don't give the
password on the command line, just give it when prompted. If you're trying to
script it, you almost certainly don't want to be using sqlplus anyway.

--
A successful [software] tool is one that was used to do something
undreamed of by its author.