distributed filesystems? GFS? Intermezzo?

    Jim> Has anyone here compared/used InterMezzo or the Global File
    Jim> System (as alternatives to CODA)?  Or have you come across
    Jim> any comparisons/warnings/raves/rants on the web?

There used to be discussion and links on the Coda site.  I don't
recall exactly where; it may be in the papers section of the
documentation directory.  I don't know how up-to-date that stuff is.

I'm pretty sure both intermezzo and GFS were mentioned, and the
conclusion was basically "these are different animals with different
goals, and it's pretty clear which is best in the majority of
situations."