Re: Ordering Books from Amazon

A.Sajjad Zaidi (sajjad@example.com) wrote:

A.Sajjad> Whatever happened to the Amazon boycott? Are they back to being good again?

Reference this part of my previous post:

> > experience.  Another good one for tech books fatbrain.com.  Amazon
> > has a better website, so you can do your research there, then
> > order from Fatbrain if they're cheaper :-)

I forgot to mention that fatbrain.com doesn't have any repugnant
patents (AFAIK), so using Amazon's quite good website to do your
title research, then buying elsewhere on the basis of it, could be
regarded as protest/boycott plus.  The whole thing against Amazon
was, of course, not a matter of their quality - which I freely
admit is quite good - but with their practices.  Much like M$,
it's their practices even more than their software that make people
sick.

Jonathan