RE: Linux/Mozilla related Short-Term Contract

Chris -

That's not very constructive.  What is the purpose here - to accomplish a
practical objective.  I appreciate open source (having done my share of
it) - nevertheless, I have a business to run.   I can't wait for the
respective open-source projects to provide exactly what I need, nor am I
requesting that the proposed work be folded back into any public
distribution.

Which reminds me:  why is it so *damn* hard to get some things working on
Linux -- there is so much  chaos.  I guess this results from the "democracy"
of software - everyone and his brother writes apps, many of which handle
aspects of a domain but often are not "complete" and don't necessarily work
in a complementary fashion with other apps.  I have no problem with this -
because without this sort of development we might be in worse shape.

Frankly, multimedia capabilities on linux are still quite primitive and
fragmented functionality-wise IMHO.  I'll do my part to strengthen this in
time (will be starting an open-source project related to some multimedia
capabilities soon).  In the mean time I'll accomplish objectives with a more
expedient approach.

So please lend something constructive next time.

Thanks

JS