Re: ethner card problem

> I have not been following this thread so sorry to ask, do you have a
> corega card?

Yes.

> I once had to tweak /etc/pcmcia/config to get my
> corega card recognised. The problem was that the 'manfid' specified for
> another card clashed with the corega card.

Yes, Frank told us how to correct this, just it seems that my card broke on the
way, first it showed up as Allied Telesis (or what it was) and then it became
"Anonymous Memory" and cardctl ident has no info available. I tried to fix this
with recompiling the kernel and pcmcia-cs modules, but no success. I could try
next to follow Frank's strategy, which so far I thought won't help since the
card is not recognized as anything, but when I am done with my other computers'
harddrives I might give it a try, unless you can tell me in advance that I can
forget it.

> Also corega has the
> irritating habit of spelling their name differently each time they make
> a card.. I have seen "corega K.K", "Corega,K.K." and a few other
> combinations in the version string.

Yes, I found this irritating, too.

Uli