Re: Slow browsing?

> I can't compare it with IE, though.  The little I've used IE has been
> on my wife's box which is very differently configured from any of mine
> (notably being on the wrong side of a modem from the internet).

IE feels faster than Netscape, and possibly crashes less often. However,
Netscape doesn't take your entire desktop with it when it crashes (a
calamity whose probability you can only partially reduce by forcing each IE
window to run in separate processes). My experience with IE makes me somewhat
wary of Nautilus's attempt to integrate Gecko into the file browser. [1]

> Lynx remains my browser of choice; w3.el is almost getting there,
> though.

Ew. w3.el is morally wrong (though, I have to admit, very useful in some
situations).

Shimpei.

[1] But at least you have a decent CLI shell in Unix. In Windows it's very hard
*not* to deal with IE.