Re: ethner card problem

> Find your most recent .config that resulted in a kernel you like.  If
> worst comes to worst, you should have stuff in /boot/config* from
> Debian installs.  Copy that to /usr/src/linux/.config, and you're
> basically there.

<etc/>

Thanks a lot, this will help!!!

> One or more of the cards sharing the mfrid is broken.

You mean the card IS broken? Or the configuration or wahtever it is called? I
was just irritated because first it did show up as Frank described, and then not
anymore ...

> You get what you pay for, I'm afraid.  I buy 3Com, funny, I've never
> had any of these problems (I also paid about 15 times what you did;
> WTF, it's your taxes, not my salary :( and no, I can't give it back,
> I've asked).

I was planning to spend more, around 6000 Yen, and was astonished that the only
cards available were so cheap ...

> You can always use old configs simply by copying them to .config in
> the top linux directory.

I did not know where to look for the old config, thought there is none ... But I
promise to try to refrain from posting when emotionally upset ...

Uli