Re: Getting suspend mode working in Linux...is it possible

-> >Is it possible to get suspend mode working in Linux with X(I mean the
-> >button on Laptops which basically stores everything to some sort of

-> Try to search the manufacturer's web site for PM drivers.
->

Take a look at software suspend. I've used it quite a lot. It doesn't
require APM BIOS. And you don't need anything from manufacturers. What
it does is: when you press the suspend button on your laptop (in case
your PC has that button) or execute patched 'shutdown -z' (in case
there's no button) it dumps the whole memory onto swap partition. When
linux boots next time it finds signature in swap partition and takes the
whole dump into memory. You're at the same point where you've been
couple hours before.

Works on laptops and desktops.

Antony> Is it possible to get suspend mode working in Linux with X

No problem with X at all.

http://falcon.sch.bme.hu/~seasons/linux/swsusp.html

Cheers,
Dmytro

-> I've a Compaq laptop and have to keep a win partition only
-> because Compaq provides PM software only for windows. I deleted
-> that partition once, and only after restoring it and installing
-> PM software from Compaq sleep/suspend mode was back.
->
-> Viktor
->
->
-> >
-> >Tony
-> >
-> >Next Nomikai Meeting: October 20 (Fri) 19:00   Place: Tengu TokyoEkiMae
-> >Next Technical Meeting: November 11 (Sat) 13:30  Place: LinuxProbe Hall
-> >more info: http://www.tlug.gr.jp           Sponsor: Global Online Japan
-> >
->