Re: ethner card problem

Following on to my own post here, I note that my problem was with the
"Corega EtherII PCC-T", while Ulrike wrote about the "Corega Ether PCC-T".
There is a thin possibility that I'm working with something different, but I
think that this is the same card.  Mine also uses the pcnet_cs driver.

What might have happened is that:

  (1) Corega used to ship with an ID string of "Corega Ether PCC-T".

then

  (2) Allied Telesyn brought out a card with the same ID numbers.

then

  (3) Corega upgraded the card in some way and called it an EtherII.
      Or they just changed the ID string at the behest of the marketing
      department.

The PCMCIA distribution ought to be fixed, for sure.  It doesn't
look like this one was entirely Corega's fault.

Cheers,
----
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@