Re: new webpage: rikai.com

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 01:28:10AM +0900, Todd Rudick wrote:
>   As for the efficiency concern expressed elsewhere, I don't see that. Rikai
> has excellent connectivity

No, it has abysmal connectivity - from me. The world is a very big place.

To get from my host in Australia and read a web page in Japan, I have to go
the long way round, starting with 20-odd hops via America to get to the proxy.
If I had a version running client side, I have to go zero hops to get to the
proxy. Which is more efficient?

If I wanted to use Rikai on a file held on my local hard drive, corporate
intranet ...

--
"Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient.
It's called 'rain'."