Re: help needed with emacs. mule, euc-japan

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> writes:

> (2) Switch to Gnus.  Gnus supports MIME internally, but is somewhat
>     complex to use.  Gnus can use a file-per-message storage format,
>     but I don't know if it is mh-compatible.

Gnus can use a mh-compatible format with the 'nnmh' backend:

gnus-info>    `nnmh' is just like `nnml', except that is doesn't
gnus-info> generate NOV databases and it doesn't keep an active file.
gnus-info> This makes `nnmh' a _much_ slower backend than `nnml', but
gnus-info> it also makes it easier to write procmail scripts for.

But as it is slower than 'nnml' it is probably not a good idea
to use 'nnmh' unless you need the mh-compatibility.

> You also need a shell that can handle Japanese.  ash and bash don't
> like it, I forget whether zsh is any better.

Can you give an example of a problem with Japanese in bash?

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>