Re: PCMCIA Card Not Working in OpenLinux 2.3

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 02:57:07PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Badly configured PCMCIA drivers can crash your machines.  Conversely,
> badly configured machines can crash your PCMCIA drivers.
>
> You could try reading the PCMCIA-HOWTO, it ought to be in your distro
> somewhere.

As a preliminary to Steve's recommendations, have you recompiled your kernel
since installing the OS on this box?  PCMCIA is fussy about the kernel
version and configuration; it is prudent grab the sources for the PCMCIA
package, recompile and reinstall it anytime the kernel itself is altered.

I don't know enough to distinguish the changes that make this necessary, so
I've made it a mechanical habit; anything more signficant than compiling a
new module invites a PCMCIA recompile.

Cheers,
----
-x80