Re: user cgi-bin configuration

Uli,

This is generally considered dangerous to do, as the CGI programs run under
the apache user account. It is also easy for a user to accidentally compromise
system security with their CGI program. Or it may be possible to affect other
users CGIs or associated files.

You might want to have a look at Apache's suEXEC support, which can run
the CGI under the account of the user who owns it.

 http://www.apache.org/docs/suexec.html

Regards,
Jake