Re: HUP Signal: restart now -> syntax?

> Please ignore my previous pid-file question, found the file ...
> Now I just have to make sense of the rest of the instruction, how do I send this
> a HUP Signal: restart now? Which would be the name of the correct manpage?

If the number in httpd.pid was 7777, then (as root):
  kill -HUP 7777

Or, you can use apachectl (which is in /usr/local/apache/bin (or ../bin
relative to where you found httpd.pid):
  ./apachectl configtest
  ./apachectl restart

Or:
  ./apachectl configtest
  ./apachectl stop
  ./apachectl start

Need to do stop then start if you've upgraded a module it seems; but if
just altering httpd.conf then restart is fine.

Darren