Re: new webpage: rikai.com

    >> And is this going to be open source?

    Todd>   Maybe.

    Todd>   I'd prefer to.

    Todd>   --But not anytime soon. I'm going to wait and see what
    Todd> happens with the web-site first.

It's going to get copied, what did you think?  This is trivial but
tedious to implement.  Odds are you didn't do it very well (don't take
that personally, I don't know you, I do know the average level of app
programming on the Web.)

GPL it, and if it's any good at all, others will use your code and
give improvements back to you.  (This is a script or applet, therefore
it's being distributed, therefore it _must_ be accompanied by
redistributable source---GPL _is_ effective in _this_ ASP
application.)

Or you could use something like the Aladdin Free Public License or the
old Netscape and Apple licenses which require redistributors to notify
you of changes.  (This is neither free nor open source by definition,
but it's the moral equivalent by _my_ standards.)

Or keep it private, and somebody will reimplement it, better with
better content.  And you know what that means.

Up to you, but that's the way I see it.