Re: Installing old libc

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 02:07:02PM +0900, SL Baur wrote:
> Antony Stace <antony@example.com> writes in tlug@example.com:
> > But still no go :(.  How can I work out which rpm package has the
> > libm.so.5 file in it
>
> Beyond guessing, I don't know.  We call it `libc5-compat'.

I think RedHat keeps it in libc-5.3.12-*.

'rpmfind' is a neat tool that can reduce guessing (particularly if
you are using RedHat or SuSE).  You could do something like:
rpmfind --dist redhat libm.so.5
http://www.rpmfind.org/  (and if you have a recent RedHat/SuSE,
you probably already have the rpmfind client)

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586