Character set sniffer

http://perlhacker.org/~simon/sniff.pl is a character set encoding
sniffer. It's very badly coded and I plan to add a lot more to it
(actual character set recognition, for instance) but it's a start.
It recognises ASCII, EUC, SJIS, JIS and UTF8 with a reasonably high
degree of success. I'll probably convert it to C sometime soonish.

--
If computer science was a science, computer "scientists" would study what
computer systems do and draw well-reasoned conclusions from it, instead of