emacs: Losing text in *scratch*

Hi,

I started typing some text in GNU Emacs 20.3.2, not paying much
attention to which buffer I was in. Turns out it was *scratch*.
After a while of typing and not saving I exited Emacs with C-x C-c
(save-buffers-kill-emacs). I started Emacs again and entered my
text again...

How can I configure Emacs to always ask me about saving changed
buffers before exiting, even if it's *scratch*? Or can I somehow
get completely rid of *scratch*, the point of which I don't quite
see anyway?

Thank you
Michael