Re: Linux World Expo at San Jose

>>>>> "HAYAKAWA" == HAYAKAWA Hitoshi <uv9h-hykw@example.com> writes:

    HAYAKAWA> Anyway, I'll ask JTB where there is any hotel in San
    HAYAKAWA> Francisco near any Caltrain station tomorrow.

No, you want the hotel in _San Jose_, and on the _Light Rail_.

(1) "Convention Center" is one of the main downtown stops on the Light
Rail.
(2) The Light Rail connects directly to Caltrain (not at the San Jose
Station, somewhere a bit north of there---any Japanese can handle it,
just check it out in advance :-)
(3) If you have extra time, the Light Rail connects to Great America
amusement park on the north, the Oakridge Mall (Macy's, at least) in
the west, and the IBM research campus on the south (at Cottle).
(4) If you have LOTS of extra time, there's a bus connection to Santa
Cruz.
(5) Hotel will be much cheaper than in San Francisco.

Of course, if you're really not planning on going to the convention at
all, then ignore what I said.  But it's a minimum of 90 minutes from
any reasonable SF hotel to the San Jose Convention Center without a
rental car, probably more like 2 hours plus.