Re: tlug: ISDN Hardware

>> I don't have any hardware to connect to the ISDN line/TA. :-)
>
>The easiest and most reliable way to accomplish what you want is to use
>an ISDN router.  The Yamaha Net Volante (model number RTA-52
>now, I believe) is a good unit.  An ISDN router doesn't cost all that
>much more than a TA, and works better than a TA + PC = router setup.
>
>Jonathan

Thanks.

It turns out this is actually the exact setup they had with the existing Mac network, so I just took the old Mac server off the network and replaced it with the new Linux box with the appropriate network settings. Presto - not half as difficult as I was expecting. :-)

Thanks again, and I'll refrain from posting questions regarding paid work on the list in the future (although I'm sure there are people on here discussing issues they encounter in their day-to-day jobs...).

Shawn

Shawn Gray
English/Japanese Translator
& Linux/Perl Gearhead
shawn@example.com

Graycastle Intercultural Communications | http://www.graycastle.com
The Mecca Online MultiCultural Forum http://www.graycastle.com/mecca/

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA