tlug: Hwclock

Howdy all,

Recently, My Windose partiton, that I keep for my wife, crached.(Toshiba
2100cds notebook) After convincing my wife we didn't need Windose, I did
a clean install of Debian Potato. While installing my bios clock was
changed to "Thu Jan 4 23:17:51 JST  1990". Because of this the
installation stalled.I got a tar archive error something like "future
time stamp...etc..." Needless-to-say, I didn't have access to any man or
info pages since they hadn't been installed yet. I posted for help.
(TLUG post got bounced :( But I got it working with this:

        hwclock --set --date="6/16/00 8:51:35"
        hwclock --hctosys

Now, I don't have to use Windoze to set my clock time. I was encouraged
to post this again. Hope this can help.

Cheers
Jack Morgan
Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA