Re: tlug: Apache "Surprise Feed"

Stephen J. Turnbull (lists.tlug):
>    Shawn> I could probably figure out how to block access from his
>    Shawn> site to prevent my page from being served to him,
>
>Apache can do access blocking natively (have you RFTM'd today?)  But a
>quick alternative hack, if you own the Linux box running the
>webserver, would involve an Apache running on a different port and
>IPchains (OR whatever will replace them in 2.4).

This isn't what you want. This'll block his machine and only his
machine. You want to block access by everyone to *referrals* from
his site. CGI gives you the HTTP_REFERER environment variable; check
that against his domain in your bulletin board program.

--
Premature optimization is the root of all evil.
		-- D.E. Knuth