tlug: Public license

If anyone says this is off-topic, I'll concede without a whimper.

<Steve Turnbull>
  No public[1] license means not OSD-compliant ...

  [...]

  [1]  Strictly speaking, I mean a "transitive license" which requires
  the second party to grant the same rights to third parties.
</Steve Turnbull>

On the Lexis database, a search for ...

  transitive pre/1 (licence! OR license!)

... in the [Copyright Cases, Federal] section turns up 0 references.  This
could be a phrase in common use that the law hasn't heard about yet.  If
so, I am interested, and would like to know where you picked up the
phrase.  Respond privately if you don't want to bother the list.

Cheers,
----
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@
Faculty of Law, Nagoya Univ () email: bennett@example.com
Tel: +81[(0)52]789-2239     ()

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA