Re: tlug: META tags in perl scripts

Beth Noble wrote:

> Hello
>
> Does anyone know why Netscape may not respond to the "Refresh" tag from a
> line in a Perl script like the following?
>
> print "<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"Refresh\" CONTENT=\"0; URL=http://file.html\">";
I'm not sure what you are trying to do here and the URL looks strange.
If you want your cgi to reload you can skip the "URL"-part.
If you want your cgi to display for a while and then reload another cgi
recommend you to do it in the http header. Add line:

Refresh: 5; URL=newcgi.cgi

If you write in perl and don't use CGI.pm, reconsider. The CGI.pm
makes this easy and the documentation is actually very useful.

/Fredric
Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA