Re: tlug: Consulting Rates

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, Shawn Gray wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I assume that at least a few people on this list are doing consulting/freelance work of some sort, and I wanted to ask about rates.
>
> A client has just approached me about doing some work, and I'm wondering how much to charge.
>
> He has a network of 10 Macs. Two separate (and antique) Macs are serving as web and dns servers, and the network is routed to the outside by a leased ISDN line. My job will be to replace the two old mac servers with one linux box to do the same job. How much would you guys charge for this changeover?

well, I do UNIX/Networking stuff in the bay area... I don't get PAID this
much, but my bill rate (through Taos) is over $120/hour or so I've heard.

Scott M. Stone, CCNA <sstone@example.com>
UNIX Systems and Network Engineer
Taos - The SysAdmin Company

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA