Re: tlug: Fighting with realplayer

>> By the way, on RH 6.1 (at least) it is a command that gives out output
>> only if used by root.

> Like many handy commands usable by any user (such as ifconfig and
> traceroute), it's not root-only, it's just stashed in the sbin directory.
> You can do what I do (which is tack /sbin and /usr/sbin onto your path),
> or type it directly:

> $ /sbin/fuser -v /dev/dsp

I understood what was the problem.
I tried to fuser from my own user (cat) while I was playing an mp3 from
root. It simply refused to tell me what was root doing with the dsp! ;)

--
Davide Inglima, limaCAT
Unix: one of the components of a successful GNU/Emacs operating system.

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA