Re: tlug: errr mail program?

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 09:26:32PM +0800, k0n wrote:

>i'm just wondering is there a good mail program for linux.. the one like M$
>Outlook style.. that can handle diff. pop's and sendmail server .. and diff
>user per pop account .... thanks... ^^

Some that I've looked at include:

Mahogany  http://www.wxwindows.org/Mahogany
  I think this one holds a lot of promise... but it "isn't quite there yet."
  It uses the wxWindows framework, so the same application runs on both
  Windows and gtk machines.  Can use an embedded Python to slice and dice
  the mail.  i18n support badly neglected lately.  The biggest problem is
  that wxWindows and Mahogany both continue to enjoy (?) rapid development,
  so you pretty much need to be willing to deal with CVS and versions that
  occasionally won't even build, let alone work.

CyberSpace Cowboy Mail  http://www.cyberdeck.org/cscmail/index2.html
  Written in Perl using the GTK toolkit.

XFMail http://xfmail.slappy.org/
  I suppose it is okay if you like the Xforms look and feel.  After a hiatus
  it seems to have gotten new developers and new life.

Jim-yes-I've-been-looking-too-but-still-using-Mutt-Tittsler

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA