Re: tlug: errr mail program?

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 01:39:44PM +0000, Simon Cozens wrote:
> Thomas O'Dowd (lists.tlug):
> >Evolution from helixcode is one to watch when it comes out. They are
> >currently still writing it and only a skel program was released thus
> >far but they say end of June they might have something.
>
> Well, actually, we're doing a bit better than that. I demoed version
> 0.0.0 at the last TLUG meeting, and that has pretty functional contact,
> calendar and mail support. I use it with my Palm to keep track of all
> my contacts. Yes, it can send mail using POP/SMTP or Unix mail. It's
> sweet. If you want to keep up-to-date, get into using the GNOME CVS.

Not quite ready for mail yet though is what I meant. Unless you don't mind
losing some of it now and again, but yeah, I've been keeping my eyes on it
and it is coming on quite well.

> Oh, and look out for Tradeclient, at http://www.tradeclient.org/

Hadn't heard of that one. It looks quite nice too, the reply-to-all and
forward icons were a particular blast looking at the screenshots. Seems
more and more, this Linux beast is looking up in terms of tools for new
and enterprise users... Who knows where it will be in a year.

Cheers,

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd