Re: tlug: Re: Xconfig problems

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Ulrike Schmidt wrote:

>  I tried this SuperProbe thing and the result with one of the SuperProbes
>  was:
>
>  >>  Result of XFree86 SuperProbe (glibc20):
>  >>  First video: Super-VGA
>  >>  Chipset: Tseng ET4000 (Port Probed)
>  >>  Memory: 256 Kbytes
>  >>  RAMDAC: Generic 8-bit pseudo-color DAC (with 6-bit wide lookup tables
>  (or in 6-
>  >>  bit mode))

I think the probe results are wrong.

>  The other one from glibc21 did not work, I wasn't quite sure which I needed,
>  I must admit. Anyway, the result made me optimistic. It think I saw in some
>  listing of chipsets (problably von xf86config) ones with similar names, like
>  Tseng ET4000something, but there was also a warning that one should not go
>  for one with similar names. There was no exact match, so I tried to enter
>  things by hand.
>
>  You mean, I probably have to give up?

>  Is there anything I still can try?

1. Swap the card with your neighbours' windoughs machine ;) I think I
saw the win driver available for free (wow!)  download from Fujitsu
support site.

2. Take my old S3/Trio 32 (VRAM 1 MB only) card available for
free giveaway (free as in free beer :) by snailmail.

Selva

Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), 19:00   Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat) 13:30   Topic: TBA