Re: tlug: Still no procmail

On Mon, 22 May 2000, Viktor Pavlenko wrote:

> This may (should?) fix the problem:
> cd /etc/smrsh; ln -s /usr/bin/procmail .
> It was on the list some time ago, I think...

  Well, I did just give this a try, but with confusing results.
I got 'procmail' working finally yesterday by giving up on 'smrsh',
so to try this suggestion I had to edit the sendmail.cf file, stop
and restart the demon, and for good measure alter ~/.forward to
call /etc/smrsh/procmail rather than /usr/bin/procmail (after making
the suggested link, of course).

  Then I tried just sending mail from root to myself.  There were no
error messages returned to root, but _strangely_ nothing showed up in
my mailbox either.  After two tries I gave up and switched everything
back to the way it was, and then sent a message from root again to
confirm that all was well.  All three messages showed up in my inbox!

  Think I'll give this a rest for a while, since it's working just
fine with /bin/sh (and is very useful, indeed), but if anyone has any
further ideas about how to use it with 'smrsh', please weigh in with
them.

   Cheers, and thanks for all the help, guys.  Dennis

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka
Canada           Japan

Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), 19:00   Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat) 13:30   Topic: TBA