tlug: Procmail setup

  Hi,

  Wasting a lovely Kyushu Sunday afternoon, trying to get 'procmail'
(v3.13.1) working.  I've looked at a couple of tutorials.  The one from
Linux Gazette seemed pretty good.  It suggests a one-line ~/.forward
file (claimed to be from the procmail manpage) like this:

	"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 #denismcm"

  This generates the following error when I try to email denismcm
from root:
********************
"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 #denismcm"
    (expanded from: denismcm)

sh: cannot use & in command
554 "|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 #denismcm"... Service unavail
able
********************

  So, I took a look at the actual procmail manpage on my system, and
found a simpler recommended ~/.forward file.  This produces a different
error.

********************
"|exec /usr/bin/procmail"
    (expanded from: denismcm)
sh: exec not available for sendmail programs
554 "|exec /usr/bin/procmail"... Service unavailable
********************

  I've tried glancing through the sendmail manpage to see if there's
anything about using exec from sendmail, but found nought.

  I'm using a very simple ~/.procmailrc for this initial testing:

:0c:
   $HOME/mail.backup

  This should be easy enough to get working.  What do I need to do?

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka
Canada           Japan

Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), 19:00   Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat) 13:30   Topic: TBA