tlug: More recent PGP versions?

  Hi,

  For the first time in a couple of years I wanted to use PGP to
encrypt email I exchange with a friend in Wales.  He sent me
his key, but I couldn't add it to my keyring using the PGP 2.6.3i that
I downloaded back in 1996.  He's using PGPfreeware 6.5.1 Int for
Windope, which I'm a little suspicious of.

  Do I really need to upgrade to something more recent, and if so
what?  Or should I try to get him to use something more standard that
can interoperate with my PGP 2.6.3i?

  I did poke around on the web for almost an hour, and grabbed a few
things, like the GNU version, but I'm more than a little confused at
this point.

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka
Canada           Japan

Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: Crypto and Security	Speaker: Chris Sekiya
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), Tengu TokyoEkiMae.