Re: tlug: newbie question: "select all" in emacs?

    Scott> you specified the 104 key keymap during install.  I think
    Scott> it works the same with the jp106.
    >> The Debian versions of these are broken; XFree86 distributes
    >> them broken AFAIK.

    Scott> I didn't have to patch XFree86 to make it work in TL - just
    Scott> use the pc104 xkb map.  Don't know if the jp106 is broken
    Scott> or not, but I remember it working back in 98..

Oops, my bad, I thought 104 was a Japanese layout.  pc104 is fine.
jp106 recognizes Alt as Alt, not Meta, does not have the Windows key
or the Menu key (IIRC), and does not correct specify the Alt key, let
alone the Windows key, as a modifier.

the "110" layout in the Linux console utils used to be similarly
broken but has been fixed recently.

Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: Crypto and Security	Speaker: Chris Sekiya
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), Tengu TokyoEkiMae.