Re: tlug: Linux with ISDN

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Scott M. Stone wrote:

> <broadbandbigotry>
> anything that requires you to dial a number for net access is evil and
> therefore sucks.
> </broadbandbigotry>

Well, yeah :-)

> can you get DSL in Tokyo yet?

In some places.  Take a look at <http://www.tokyometallic.com/> for a
list of 03 prefixes that have it.  And it seems to be only in Tokyo
23-wards now.  The day it comes to my neck of Kawasaki, my NTT line is
history.

For those of you who are considering moving, that Tokyo Metallic list of
prefixes with DSL available could be a valuable guide in choosing a new
place :-)

Jonathan

Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: Crypto and Security	Speaker: Chris Sekiya
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), Tengu TokyoEkiMae.