tlug: Installation problem of Redhat6.1 on Gateway

I am facing a unique problem of installing Redhat6.1 on to my
Gateway PC with a 20GB hard drive connected through Ultra66 controller.

I could install linux without the ultra66 card. But when I connect my
drive to
the ultra66 card it is unable to boot and hangs on with a error message.
The last few lines
looks like this
-----
RAMDISK: composed image found at block 0
autodetecting RAID arrays
autorun.....
.. autorun DONE
Kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block -major -3, err no =2
VFS :Cannot open root device
Kernel panic :VFS : unable to mount root fs.
-------
Let me be straight forward in saying that I am not well conversant with
the hi-fi of linux.
 Any suggestion would be appreciated.

With regards
Vijay

Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD