tlug: Re: ZIP disc partition access

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 04:33:33PM +0900, ulrike@example.com wrote:
> Thanks .... butit's not over yet: I successfully connected a scsi zip
> drive, it shows up in proc/scsi/scsi & co but: how do I mount it? My book
> says /dev/scd4, but my machine does not recognize it as a valid block

By default, ZIP discs have one primary partition on them... and that is
indeed the 4th one.  So, if your ZIP drive is the third ('c') SCSI device in
your system, I would expect root to be able to
'mount -t vfat /dev/sdc4 /mnt' to mount that vfat formatted partition on /mnt.

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo   ICQ: 5981586

Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD