Re: Making big ones out of little ones [was: tlug: Debian install...]

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000 ulrike@example.com wrote:

>  Not much, I guess I need to rest a bit or something, of course /usr was full
>  and and /var wasn't, as I had written at first, so I could just verbally follow
>  your instructions. BTW, unmounting /usr and /var did not work since they were
>  busy, but rebooting helped.

Could be because of some symbolic links from /usr to /var or elsewhere,
so if you umount everything in the *right* order (ha.. ha..), it should
work.  Guess you were in single user mode.

If you followed what I wrote earlier, you will have a stale /usr/varcopy
(yes /var/varcopy is now /usr/varcopy) lying around. You can safely
delete it.

Have fun,

Selva

Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD