Re: tlug: How to make a little room for Windows again?

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 ulrike@example.com wrote:

>  > By the way the zero length partition /dev/hda6 reported by fsck is most
>  > probably a non-existent partition that is listed in /etc/fstab -- at
>  > boot time fsck is usually called with the -A flag to walk thru all
>  > partitions listed in /etc/fstab.
>
>  Don't have access to the computer at the moment, wanted to check everything out
>  when I am home again, but maybe it is not neccessary: hda is the small disk on
>  which I installed Windows, and I think I deleted that partition, no, actually I
>  am pretty sure. So what should I do in this case?

Delete all references to /dev/hda[n] partitions from /etc/fstab.
If the system can work without the data you had on /dev/hda
partitions, everything should be okay.

To access your new windows partition(s) you may want to add them to your
/etc/fstab. A look at /etc/fstab may give you clues on how to do that,
but in case you need help, send in your present /etc/fstab and also the
list of partitions on /dev/hda and /dev/hdb as reported by linux fdisk.

Selva

Next Nomikai Meeting: April 20 (Thu) Linux Conference 2000 Spring Ed.
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: TBD